YouTube.com is the 4th most visited site in the U.S. according to Alexa, a leading traffic ranking website. Online video is exploding and proven to be one of the best experiences on the Internet. Does your company have a presence on YouTube? This is another creative way to instantly improve your online visibility & search rankings and it’s FREE and effective. Did I say improve your search rankings? Yes– there are excellent built-in search tools that you can use to improve your website rankings. Discover how by subscribing to my channel–www.youtube.com/robynlevin and you’ll get my latest marketing & PR video clips for free.
Smart companies are jumping on board and so should you. Why not create your own branded channel on YouTube? Here’s a few ideas & steps to consider:
- Sign-up for an account under your name or company name on www.youtube.com.
- Take several 3 – 5 minute videos of client testimonials, educational clips, new products or services or even of your employees. You’ll quickly separate the shy from the hams.
- I use a “Flip” camera which has a built-in USB plug that immediately downloads your videos to your computer. You can buy it on Amazon for <$150.00. Then, you can instantly upload them to YouTube, AOL and other websites or send in an email.
- Write appropriate titles and descriptions. You can even put your geographic region on there and this will help you get found faster online.
- Optionally, you can add annotations to make your videos more engaging. Watch the video clip of me teaching a marketing strategy class at Wharton. I used annotations when the volume was low.
Recently, I created a branded channel for the 9th annual E-Tourism Summit to share their attendee stories. The volunteers were pretty pleased to be on video and guess what they did? They shared their videos with their friends, family and colleagues. People love to share photos and videos which helps spread the word about you and your company. This is another example of “Viral Marketing” at work for you.
My corporate clients are increasing their online visibility with branded video channels and the feedback has been well received. They are building their fan base with new subscribers daily, as part of our integrated marketing campaign. One client sold out his 1st seminar using just email and video and our 3-minute promotional video got over 200 views the 1st week. These are some ideas & strategies to get you started, and the key is to do it now. Feel free to share this story.
This post was written by Robyn on October 3, 2008